Friday, January 6, 2012

Today's Outfit - Classic Black

Work again today.  I only work Wednesdays and Fridays which makes me a happy lady, although I do love my job and people I work for.
I layered the scarf over jacket over black top and added faux pearls, soooo...I'm linking up with Trending Through the Decades: Layers with Tammy at Silverstyle.



I bought this jacket 3-4 years ago and have never worn it.  It actually came as a set...over a dress.  I never liked the length and fit of the dress.  The jacket was too tight.  I'm able to wear it now, but still didn't like the dress so I cut if off, resewed the bottom ruffle back on and turned it into a top, which I plan on wearing with a black cardigan because it's sleeveless and don't care for showing that much arm.  This was one of my first refashion attempts.  I'm a very beginner at sewing.  This was hand stitched.  Since then, my husband bought me a sewing machine right before Christmas and it has come in handy for a few things.  I'd like to practice more and do have some clothing items lined up that I plan on tinkering with to see if I can alter in some way. 
Here is a photo of the top I made from the dress.  I even made a little flower pin from the leftover fabric.  I'll probably wear it on the jacket some day when I'm not wearing a scarf.  I didn't think to take a "before" pic, because I had no idea my finished product was actually going to be wearable.
Thrifted Items:  Black skirt $4.99 Jones New York, black short sleeved sweater, black shoes $6.99 Liz Claiborne, scarf, scarf clip, pearl necklace, black purse.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, one of my favorite color combos and it looks great on you. What a ladylike outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~