Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Our Vacation Part 3: Pacific Grove/Montery Area

The last part of our trip we took walks around the neighborhoods and saw many victorian, historic, and other style homes.




 Pretty trees.



 We walked along the coast to  Cannery Row and had a nice seaside lunch.  We also drove over to Fisherman's Wharf.
Other than the carrot cake, I mentioned in Part 2, our other favorite meal was the filet mignon in Pacific Grove at Fandango.  It may have been the best we've ever eaten.  (We no longer buy beef to prepare at home, but we do indulge in beef on occasion when we go out.) We were seated in a romantic alcove-like room slightly separate from the main part of the restaurant.  
I didn't get as many photos on this last part of our trip.  I think we were vacationed out and ready to get home. We were glad we got to take this vacation, but we were glad get back to normal and our healthier eating and have decided not to do any more trips that long.  We enjoy our occasional 2-3 day getaways a bit closer to home and will stick with those in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable houses! The spouse and I love Monterey as well as Carmel by the Sea. Ah, haven't been for a few years ~ must visit again soon.

    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures. Now I want a pink house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love those kinds of houses. We need one when we get older. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love those kinds of houses. We need one when we get older. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~