Thursday, May 19, 2016

Trader Joe's Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burgers With Black Beans & Roasted Corn



We love these black bean burgers and eat them about once a week for either lunch or dinner.  I top with mashed avocado with a dash of honey and garlic powder mixed in.  If eaten at our dinner meal we will also have a side dish such as 1/2 yam or broccoli.  
They are 180 calories so with the avocado topping that brings our burger (no bun) to about 250-275 calories.  If I use the Trader Joe's Guilt Reduced Guacamole then the whole thing comes out to only about 220 calories.
If you don't have a Trader Joe's near you then you might want to try similar products that are available in your supermarket offered by other brands.  I'm not sure how they would compare in taste and cost to Trader Joe's (which I'm partial to), but they assist in creating healthier food options, lowering calories, and are a big help in making meal prep quick and easy.  Since I prepare 3 meals and 2 snacks per day, and don't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, I appreciate the short cuts these products offer on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~