Monday, July 23, 2012

Brown And White With Jeans

I want to thank you all for being so kind in the comments on yesterday's post.  Most of my features I've never liked, but have learned to live with and think, "well, this is me".  I'm a happy person and try not to get down on myself about things these days.  But sometimes it feels better covering bits up that I don't feel are very attractive....or the lesser attractive parts of me anyway.  I feel more comfortable in a longer, fuller skirt actually.  I may try to taper yesterday's green skirt as Joni suggested and then try it with navy tights to see if it would work for fall.  I bought it because I liked the navy/green combo look and I do like the color with the navy/green striped top I wore it with here.  I think I will like this outfit okay if I add the navy tights.
Today's outfit is jeans, white tunic with tan embroidery and sequins, and a pair of pretty brown sandals with flowers on them.  These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes, but don't get worn that often.



Thrifted Items:  Jeans $2 Sonoma Lifestyle, white tank top, white tunic, earrings $1, bracelets.

9 comments:

  1. I love this! I wish it was cool enough here to wear jeans. I miss plain old jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love jeans and a white shirt! Lovely casual style:) Have a good week!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second to your fantastic legs making their debut yesterday, I believe this is one of my favorite outfits of yours! I love your hair up and those long earrings. They're kind of bohemian/mod at the same time. And the tunic with the belt is classically fabulous! I can't wear belts because my waist is too darn high. But I'd have a huge collection of them if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you are such a pretty woman, I can't imagine what you'd find to be critical of - and it's probably something your readers would never imagine!

    I'm with Joni, I really love this outfit, both relaxed and classic. You look like you should be modeling on a beach somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are rockin' those earrings! Love the white top with the belt...maybe if I go to Curves long enough I can wear a belt someday ;-). You find the best sandals and those look comfy...great look for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell me the secret to your sunny, natural smile all the time!! It amazes. I think tights are a great transition item, but I hope you'll be able to make the full leap sometime... Hair up with long earrings, again, lovely. And nothing like a crisp white tunic for a summer's day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look like a happy person -- and that's a great foundation for beauty. Add pretty sandals to it and you're all set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice outfit...brown and white is a perennial favorite of mine but I don't wear it often enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~