Monday, November 28, 2011

Just a Spoonful of Sugar

This outfit, with the hat, boots, umbrella and large bag, is a little reminiscent of one of my favorite childhood movies.... Mary Poppins.  Maybe a little Mary Poppins inspired with a feminine twist.
The hat was a gift from my husband.  It came with a feather in it, but the feathers got wet and needed
replaced so I added this little flower I cut off from a fake bunch of thrifted flowers I already had.  The rosy mauve top and beaded necklaces add the touch of "sugar".
Add an umbrella with large bag and lace up boots and viola!
Today I'm linking up with Patti from Not Dead Yet for "Visible Monday".  How can one not feel more "visible" paying
tribute to that magical lady Mary Poppins?
I'll leave you with a couple of her wise quotes:

"Well begun is half done."
"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and - SNAP - the job's
a game!"

Thrifted Items:  Dusty Green Skirt $5 derek heart from Kohls (new w/ tags on - originally $26), rosy mauve sweater, beaded necklaces, purse $8 black leather Fossil, coat $5.

9 comments:

  1. This is a lovely tribute to Mary p! And your gardens are so gorgeous too. Thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday : >

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--just had a major flashback of Mary! So cute--love the lace up boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent tribute. It brought a smile to my face. I too love the lace up boots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And my favorite "just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down"
    Look at you. Two outfit posts in a week! I love Dawn and am so happy she brought you into my life.
    Don't worry about being barely 50, I say take it for all it's worth!
    Getting ready for a new Trends link up in the next day or so... Hope to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, sweethearts, for all your comments. I am feeling so liberated by stepping out of my blogging closet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love your Mary Poppins persona.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so precious! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary Poppins is the ultimate lady! She had class, style, and wit. Oh yeah, she could sing! Love your boots! What a great look.

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~