Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My Afternoon Snack Foods - They Curb My Urge To Overeat At Dinner


I rarely miss my afternoon snack which comes between 4-4:30pm.  I like to keep the snack to between 50 and 150 calories.  I'll eat one from the list below:

*low fat mozzarella cheese stick=50 calories (my go to because it's quick and easy...especially for work)
*1/2 piece fruit = 60 calories
*1/2 toasted english muffin w/ 1 T peanut butter = 150 calories
*Quaker Chewy granola bar = 90 calories
*1/2 red pear w/1 triangle Laughing Cow Asiago cheese = 85 calories

This little afternoon snack keeps me going until 6pm dinnertime.  The snack keeps me from feeling starved so I don't overeat at dinner. 
Another thing that helps me not overeat at dinner is knowing that in just 2 1/2 hrs, after finishing the meal, I get to eat again (night time snack). 


Through repetition, meal after meal, snack after snack, day after day, I have re-trained myself and I now look forward to one of the above snacks.  At my afternoon snack time I don't even think about other unhealthy foods.  This is not the time of day I experience my highest level of cravings or have the greatest inclination to overeat....so I find myself completely happy with my healthy little snack.
(In a future post I will talk about my evening struggles with my temptation to overeat and how I'm still working towards overcoming those feelings and reaching a goal of being more successful in that area.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~