Friday, March 6, 2015

Dark Denim Jeans For The Office

I love my new dark denim blue jeans!  I actually thrifted another pair on the same shopping trip that are absolutely identical.  Same exact jeans.  I love their fit and length so much I bought them both.  For only $3 a pair...why not?  I believe these may be called cigarette style and I think this may be the style I prefer over all others for myself.  They are a slim fit, but not extremely so at the ankles like a skinny jean.
I purchased another pair of dark denim that day as well.  They are very similar to these, but a slightly lighter, although still dark, denim.  So that makes 3 dark denim jeans plus 3 pair of black pants I got that day also.  Two of the pants are very similar and the third pair is more dressy.   The dressier pair has a flowing, wider leg with a sheer overlay.  They also have a circular rhinestone buckle at the waist.  I'm not quite certain how to style these yet.  If I were thinner I would think a more fitted top would be appropriate, but with my shape I don't think I would feel comfortable with that...so I may have to add a cardigan over the fitted top.
Finally.....all the outfits I had put together to wear with a previously purchased, but never worn (smaller size), dark denim jean...can now be worn.  Even though I'm not excited to be up a size, I am excited to wear the outfits I've had planned, but had put on hold.
 I added a silk jacket and red low heeled mules to dress up the casual look just a bit.  I wore this to work at our office and feel it was an acceptable outfit for the environment I work in.
Dark Denim Jeans $3 Gloria Vanderbilt
Long Sleeved Pink Tee $4.80 Jones Sport
Nude Silk Jacket $4.99 Talbots
Nude Purse $4.90 Monet
Earrings $1.72
Scarf ?
Shoes $4 Karen Scott
~ ~ ~
Gold Dragonfly Necklace (purchased on anniversary getaway 2014)
Rose Gold And Pink Bracelet = gifted by my daughter 2014 Christmas

3 comments:

  1. I love dark denim for the office, use to wear dark denim all the time .. saved me from wearing all my other pants that needed ironing .. lol.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great jeans! And two pairs is better than one. Good shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa this is a great look ,how lucky are you finding all them jeans and trousers !!! have a good weekend and best wishes x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~