Monday, February 23, 2015

Polished Stone Necklace

This outfit made me happy with it's color scheme and comfort factor.  Also loving this necklace I thrifted.
This could easily be an everyday look for me and is one that really fits my life and style. 
I hope to whittle my wardrobe down to 90% of outfits like this and 10% a little more casual/dressy...at least for the next 10-14 years that I plan on working and then up the more casual to 99%.  My goal is to increasingly, over the next several years, have far less clothes in my closets than I do now.  This is my year to work on that and shop less.  I'm in training. :)
I'm sure I keep repeating myself on this point, but if I keep saying it enough maybe I'll eventually really make it happen. :)
So far this year I've really surprised myself and have done very well in the spending/shopping department.  I need to do some more purging, but I feel like I am making some progress and definitely improving from the last couple of years.
When I took a step back, stayed out of the thrift store, and assessed my closet...I realize the hoards of clothes and outfit possibilities I have.  Tooooo many.  I want to wear outfits in a much heavier rotation, but change them up a bit with the scarves and jewelry.  I do like to have options and play dress up in my closet...but I'm also realizing I don't need to have 200 tops to choose from (not sure how many I actually have, but it's a LOT).  ha
It was fun for a while, but totally unnecessary.  I want to LOVE and feel good in the things I wear...and I know not all the things I own do that for me...and those items need to go.  I need to pick out my most favorite pieces and let some others go.
At the moment I feel extremely limited in the pants I wear and I know I tend to wear the same ones over and over and over...but that's because I had a weight gain.  I have lots of other pants...I just need to lose some weight so that I can fit into them.  Another thing I'm working on.  Was supposed to do that at the beginning of the year and here it is...nearly March...and I'm just getting started.  I do have hope to start fitting into at least a couple of my other pairs of pants within the next few weeks though.
These khaki's are my favorite pants I can fit into right now and I know you see them about 2-3 times a week it seems.  That's about how often I actually wear them.  That's probably not unreasonable for my minimizing goals though.  It just feels like I wear them a lot.  But my other options at this point, and ones I go to occasionally, are black jeans, black ponte pants, gray pants, burgundy jeans, and blue jeans.  You probably mainly see me in these khakis and the black ponte because that's what I wear most often to work in my 3 day work week.
I cannot wait to lose the 4 pounds needed to introduce my dark denim pants I have yet to wear.  Will have sooooo many outfit options once I can fit into those.  I also think they're a nice enough look for my semi casual office.

Are you happy with your current clothes situation?  What are your clothing and shopping goals?

Khaki Pants $4.20 Jigsaw
Striped Long Sleeved Tee $3.50 Merona
Cardigan $3 JM Collection
Polished Stone Necklace $5.35
Teal Sea Glass Bracelet
Wide Bracelet $3.82
Narrow Bracelet .91 cents
Nude Purse $4.90 Monet
Nude Loafers $4 Naturalizer

8 comments:

  1. Hello Lisa , I can see why you like this outfit it's lovely ! stripes ,colour and the necklace go so well together !!!,. Yes I do try and not go into charity shops but it's hard I do like my clothes , shoes ,bags etc etc Lol , I did get rid of a lot of clothes with the move and then I realised I had only one skirt so I on the look out for some skirts Lol , thank you for your kind comment Lisa have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing when we moved...got rid of a LOT. Somehow my closet seems to have magically filled up again. ;)

      Delete
  2. First off, this outfit works beautifully. It coheres with a pleasing palate of colors. Second, I'm glad to hear you report improvement in both your fashion-style and also the practical aspect of collecting, storing and editing clothes. That's something I've been working on too 'cause I bought too many items (they were so cheap at thrift-stores; I couldn't resist). My pile of clothes almost smothers me, so I need to learn how to select what to keep and what to toss.

    Last, your recent comment on my blog floors me. I'm so touched by what you wrote. Your honest words are incredibly kind and impressive. Thank you for being my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pass one of my favorite thrift stores on my route to work and back and have to see that blaring sign on Monday screaming "GREEN TAGS $1.29". Grit my teeth and drive on, Lisa. haha
      xo

      Delete
  3. Ładnie Ci Liza w takich spokojnych kolorach, piękny uśmiech...pozdrawiam serdecznie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy about a quarter of what I used to in my 30s. I think the key has been to get to a realistic size and ensure I update my clothes to suit my age and changing body. I also think that it's key to have your clothes visible and well-organised in your closet. Lastly, know the 'uniforms' that work for you and stick with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tips, Jody! I totally agree with the "uniforms" idea. I'm finding this is what I keep coming back to. Now you've inspired me to re-organize my closet. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~