Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Weekend Outfit: Sunday Brunch

We decided (well, maybe I decided) at the last minute Sunday morning that we needed to go out for brunch.  I read about a diner online that got good reviews so off we went to try it out.  There were people waiting outside to get a seat.  We waited about 15 minutes, but ohhhhh was it worth it!  We both had the same thing (separate orders)...Countryside Benedict.  It was big, fluffy biscuits topped with 2 large sausage patties, scrambled eggs and gravy.  (The biscuits were underneath, not on the side like in photo.) On the side was hashed browns and fruit.  Here is a photo I found online from the cafe.  I think this is what we had only with the hashed browns rather than these potatoes.  Deeeeeeeelicious!!!  We'll definitely go there again....but next time we'll get a box to go.  I think our actual plates looked even more heaping than this one. Yep.  We ate the WHOLE thing.   They had to roll us out to the car. ha
 It was really cool that day and I had to wear a winter sweater.  So weird in late July, but I get cold easily so it was necessary.  This was the first time to wear this sweater.  It was brand new with the tags on when I thrifted it.  I love when that happens.


 These photos were taken when we got home.  Can you tell by my eyes (below) the food coma I was just about to fall into? :D

 Thrifted Items:
Jeans $7.50 (new w/tags) Gloria Vanderbilt (Value Village)
Chocolate Brown Sweater $4 (new w/tags $30) St. John's Bay (Goodwill)
Purse $13 Nine West (Goodwill)
Low Wedge Sandals $3.50 St. John's Bay (Value Village)
~ ~ ~
Necklace $6 eBay

7 comments:

  1. Brunch is the most magical of all meals. And a socially acceptable reason to have a cocktail at 10 am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your makeup, very pretty : ) I also love brunch, justifies cocktails in the morning lol


    - Jaz
    http://summerlilacs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brunch is a good chance to forget all our plans to loose or to keep weight. I know the food comma oh so well. Particularly the sweet buffet makes me weak.
    You look fabulous in the jeans and the sweater although it is curious to see you with them in July. Hopefully summer will return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a perfect outfit for me, very chic but casual

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another pretty necklace! Is your summer over?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Donna. (sent you an email)
    We should have more summer still. It comes and goes till probably about Sept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brunch is a very good idea, especially in summer! And. . . you eyes are wonderful, even after your big meal!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~