Sunday, June 9, 2013

Workday Outfit + Ballet Night

I wore this to work Friday, then an evening out to dinner and our last ballet of the season.


 These shoes passed the muster and were comfortable all day and night.  I just love the burberry like pattern and little bows.  I don't shop at Nordstrom so I'm not familiar with their brands, but it looks like (from online search) they may carry this Van Eli brand.  These may possibly have been over $100 and I got them for $5 and they're in brand new condition.  Love that!!
I think our local thrift stores must take new items from stores that are extras or something because I see an awful lot of brands from certain stores (such as Nordstrom, Talbot's, Chico's, JC Penney, Target, Kohl's, Old Navy, etc) and they look like they've never been worn and some even still have the tags on them.
Anyway...I got lucky with these.  Classic, cute, comfy.
I'm linking up with Patti for Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style. 

Thrifted Items:
Ankle Pants $4 Talbot's (Value Village)
Black Sleeveless Dressy Tank $1.40 Alfani (Value Village)
Gold Half Moon Necklace
Vintage Black Handbag $3.29 Cortino Creations (Goodwill)
Sandals $5 Van Eli east (Value Village)
~ ~ ~
Black Cardigan $9.99 JKLA California (Ross)
Gold Earrings - gift from my mother

20 comments:

  1. Those shoes are sooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shoes! And such a classic color combo, you look fab. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great combination. I love the necklace and the shoes. Your lipstick and toe nail polish look dazzling.
    Following you on bloglovin' and found you via Visible Monday.

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous shoes! Yes, many thrift stores buy excess inventory from retail stores. So you get new stuff at low prices. Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's good to know. I always wondered how they had new looking brand name merchandise. I didn't think THAT many people would be donating never worn items. I was thinking...well maybe they're just super rich and it means nothing to them to buy and not wear it. :p

      Delete
  5. I find many new shoes as well,but my Goodwill only gets new goods from Target, so there are a lot of people donating ones they've never worn and it amazes me! Love your shoes and the ballet sounds like a great way to end the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have to go shopping together Lisa, you snagged some nice stuff at a fraction of the real price! I love the look and the shoes are real keeper!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES (a fashion and life-style blog)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like. :) Means a lot from such a gorgeous dresser as yourself.

      Delete
  7. Hi Lis, I think you score big in that shoe love it! You always look so pretty and I love this outfit on you. Never thought a brown and black looks great I may try this next time since I found in Goodwill a brown Landsend pants for a $1! ^_^

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those little mules! I make too much noise when I wear them...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Yes. SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! as they smack against my heel with every step. lol

      Delete
  9. Shoes are amazing!!! You look so beautiful! Grat outfit! Kisses x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shoes are lovable and your purse is so nice...everithing in your outfit is perfect for an evening out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dan. This purse is very structured (hard) and I normally like more pliable and soft purses, but this one is nice on occasion and is not too tiny so that my things still fit in it.

      Delete
  11. Great classy look. Love those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your thrifting abilities amaze me! Great pieces, all, and the perfect emsemble to wear to work and play. The shoes are incredible and really make the whole outfit - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, and a great buy, those little mules! Pretty look with the necklace. It really sets it off.
    Have a great week, Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for all of your comments. I'm having computer issues this evening. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Lisa. I love how you wore this to the ballet and then your portrait is in front of that lovely painting. I wonder where thrift shops source some of their product as well. Your shoes were a steal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~