Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tonight's Dinner

Tonight was the first night I'd made this and it was delicious!  I served with garlic toast. 
It will definitely be an addition to my favorite dinner recipes. (Note: I am not a measurer...so measurements listed below are approximate to what I used.  Also pic below from the web.  I was in too much of a hurry to eat and forgot the photo, but mine looked pretty much like this anyway.)

Shrimp and Mushroom Linguini with Creamy Cheese Herb Sauce
Ingredients (serves 2)
3 oz linguini pasta
fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup margarine
garlic powder/salt to taste
2-3 ounce cream cheese
1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup milk or 1/2 n 1/2 (I used the latter, but fat free)
14 med. shrimp, cooked
1/4 c. parmesan
Directions
1.Cook linguine according to directions on box.
2.Meanwhile, heat margarine in a large skillet over
medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until
tender. 
3.Lower heat.  Stir in the cream cheese, breaking it up with a spoon
as it melts. Stir in the parsley, basil and garlic.   
Mix in milk a little at a time until sauce is smooth. Stir in parmesan
till melted. Stir in cooked shrimp.
4.Toss linguini with shrimp sauce, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~