Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tonight's Dinner - Cheesy Tortellini w/ Sausage & Mushrooms

Although we have had similar sauce with other pasta, I had never made tortellini before.  We thought it turned out very good and I plan to use tortellini on occasion for variety.  I'll be trying out more recipes with it in the future.
Ingredients: (approx. and to taste) (About 4 servings)
1/2 pkg, 4 0z, dry tortellini (I used pesto filled tortellini as it was what I found in Trader Joe's.)
2 links sweet sausage, casings removed
1/2 - 3/4 container of fresh mushrooms
3 Tbsp margarine
tomato paste, sm. can
1 can diced tomatoes
1-2 Tbsp sugar
Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, salt, pepper
Parmesan cheese, shredded
Boil tortellini as per pkg directions.
In large skillet  melt marg., add sausage, crumble and stir w/ wooden spoon.  When it's almost cooked through add mushrooms. (You may add chopped onion as well.)  Cook for a couple more minutes then add can of tomatoes and tomato paste.  Add sugar and seasonings to taste.  Mix together.
When tortellini is cooked, drain and add to sauce mixture. 
You may top w/ cheese and bake till melted or just mix in some cheese dish onto plate and top with additional parmesan and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love hearing from my blogger friends!
Please feel free to leave your blog url with your comments so that myself and others may come and visit you too. Have a beautiful day. :)

~Lisa~